Jim and Lee Yunker celebrate their 25th anniversary as bottlers of Coca-Cola Indianapolis and announced an expansion of the factory. In 1949, the main addition to the plant was made making it the largest Coca-Cola bottling plant in the world. Local architectural firm, Rubush and Hunter, designed the plant in Art Deco style. It has since become an Indy landmark.
The plant was sold to Indianapolis Public Schools when a new plant was opened in Speedway, Indiana. Since 1971, the building has housed the IPS Service Center.